Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2, 2011

Exactly one year ago today, I finally found it.....

So imagine a giant ice cream sundae, fine sparkling rose in a crystal flute, fresh lilac blossoms and fluffy clouds, your favorite song when you were 13, a sunny day at the beach (in Southern Europe), world peace, truffle butter, the aroma of fresh baked bread, and all your favorite people in one room getting along. That's the essence of the happiness that little Mr. Oliver Nejad has treated me to this year. Indescribable, undiluted, purely innocent, crazy....Love.

Sure, he can drool, puke, cry and screech like the best of them, cause mom worry like no other, but honest to goodness there is nothing like being a parent. I've seen it on my mommy friends faces too; when the little one smiles, you see this subtle glimmer slide accross their faces, just from being so immensely in love, this "I made that" pride. I have that same glimmer and pride. He has ruined me forever.... and I, happily, am a goner.

One year ago exactly today, we found out our little Oliver existed. 4 tests later we were left dazed and amazed and anxiously awaiting his sweet little face. It was a super duper tough year- lots of tribulations (but don't we all have those?) but we find ourselves the happiest we have ever been.


May you all find your raison d'etre and may your days be filled with indescribably happiness too! Happy 2011!!!!

I leave you with a little taste of my heaven.... Aside from how yucky I look in this video (thanks stomach flu) you can see my glimmer if you look closely at my smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment