Friday, September 3, 2010

September 3rd is a great day for a birthday

So, in one hour I am going to my Dr.'s office to see if I can be induced. I am beyond nervous and excited. I can honestly say I have never been more afraid and excited at the same time. My emotional state is beyond description!

I know that my hopes of having an all natural birth is probably not going to happen. And honestly it doesn't seem as important to me anymore. However, I am still hoping that the induction will work and we will be able to a traditional v-birth, but my nurse informed me yesterday that there's a very good chance since the baby is so large that it could end up in a c-section and that I should be prepared. This is because the baby is very large- macrosomic- (probably a good 9 1/2 lbs now), and since it's been documented with an ultrasound, they will likely not let the induction go on too long without good progress. This has been hard to hear, but I am not dismissing the fact that a c-section might be necessary. Whatever is best is best. (I just keep hanging on to what my buddy Al did 6 weeks ago- 10 lbs. 5 oz- from a tiny girl is no easy feat).

Despite it all, I just want my baby to be healthy and to be in our arms.

Today, September 3rd is my grandma's birthday, it would be incredibly special to have Oliver Cole's birthday today.

Well I will keep you all informed as to what the Dr. says this morning and whether or not we will have him today. We will probably have an hour or two before we get admitted into the hospital to come home and so I'll have a few minutes to catch my breath.

Fingers crossed!

UPDATE:
We just got back from the Dr.'s office and after a progress check we are off to the hospital to get induced- just home to pick up our bags. She kept saying that I'm not very induce-able (I am barely 1 centimeter dilated and 70% effaced) so she mentioned that if it isn't working like hoped, I might have to get discharged in a day or two and try again. However, she is very hopeful that this will work. She's going to try the cervadil first and then pitocin if we need to. She wants to induce sooner than later, because she is worried about the size of the baby, especially since his chubby belly is so big- that often means big shoulders which could lead to him being stuck on the way out (but not necessarily his case- he might just have a bouda belly). She did mentioned several times that I am at a high risk for a C-section, but that v delivery is still very possible. We just have to see how it goes. We're hoping for the best, safest route for baby Oliver to join the world.

So... wish us luck!! We are leaving Baxter in the care of our friend JT and my mom will be up this afternoon. So excited!!

2 comments:

  1. Push him out Mamma!!! Hopefully Bax will have his little brother home ASAP ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops... Lots of typos Buddha belly (: mark and I are about to watch twilight) yay for babies!

    ReplyDelete