Monday, August 30, 2010

Big Baby? Or have I just been eating too much?

So, to fill in all my lovely friends and family:

Labor is NOT progressing as of today 8/30! There has been no dilation whatsoever and although I am 70% effaced, I have been that way for over 3 weeks now. So... given the size of my enormous tummy, I have to go in for an ultrasound tomorrow to determine the size of my little man. The Dr. had that oh-he's-gonna-be-very-big look on her face and says, "I think we need to talk about induction no later than next Tuesday, I'm a little worried about his size".

So, on her orders I go in for an US tomorrow morning to see what my chubs is gonna weigh for sure and then go from there. If it's more fluid than baby (let's hope!) then I might be able to wait another week or so- go overdue- and see if he comes on his own. I have a non-stress test scheduled for Friday too to make sure he doesn't NEED to come out ASAP, but I think he just really likes it in there, he seems pretty content. (Maybe he doesn't want to come out because he knows we're in Fairbanks and winter is just days away- can't say I'd blame him).

Of course, I'm bummed that things aren't going really fast and he hasn't just flown out. I'd really rather not be induced. I very much want a natural labor and delivery, but apparently since I have the cervix of superwoman my wants might be overshadowed. However, since this cervix is proving to be quite formidable, I'm worried the induction might not work regardless and it would just end up in a C. I would absolutely despise having to have c-section. Barf!!!

So my plea.... Baby Oliver, please start making your way out. I promise there will be some great snuggling for you on the other side and lots of yummy milk and swaddling blankets!!

Update 8/31:
Ultrasound says 9 lbs. 2 oz. with a large squeezable tummy (: Yowza!

No comments:

Post a Comment