Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm 30!!!

Whoah! When did I become a grown up?

I remember when my mom turned 30. I was 10. (Crazy huh?) I remember on her birthday we went to a shoe store and I told the clerk, "my mom's turning 30 today", and I clearly remember my mom getting mad at me. It was a big deal. She felt older and more matronly. I remember my dad even made of fun of her although he was 3 years older.

I don't think I feel that way about turning 30. Granted I am majorly pregnant, so my life is skewed anyway, but when did 30 become less embarrassing?

30 is to me:

* Grown up, albeit still youthful
* No longer so scary- it's the new 25
* Full of wisdom- you can't live through your 20's without going through anything and everything
* Time to start figuring yourself out a little more- I need to figure out what I want to be when I grow up, but in a good way, a fun way.

So here's to us 30 year olds! We are smart and fun and less crazy but still really super cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment