I'm 38.5 weeks today. 1.5 weeks to go till due date. I was pretty confident that I was going to be an early deliverer, but it's not looking so. Dr. said on Monday that there's been no dilation, so Oliver's Bday will most likely closer to my due date than not. She also thinks he's well over 8 lbs. too- yowza!
As I approach mommyhood, my mind has been going crazy with many questions and trepidations. Will I know what to do? How will labor go? Will we be good parents? What will he be like, easy/hard, etc.? I guess this is a normal way to feel with any major life changing event! Lots of unknowns = lots of questions.
I'm trying not to think about these things too much and enjoy the last few weeks of childlessness. I joked with Mark last night that I'd like him to wait to come until I had a chance to finish my book and I have a chance to go see one more movie in the theatre. I'm milking it!
But aside from being a lady of leisure these last few days, I have had some time to ponder my ?'s and I thought I'd share with you a few things that I do know for sure about me being a parent:
1) I'm going to LOVE him!
2) I'm going to have fun being a mom. I have decided no matter how stressful life gets I will always seek out the joy in being his mom and in him. I will relish in every minute I get to stay home and be with him and remind myself that not everyone gets to do this and it's a gift. No monetary amount, possession, or powerful career will ever be as wonderful. When life gets hard- he will be my constant happy thought. This is my parenting vow. Stressed out? Go hug a son (: That's my mantra!
3) I will strive to achieve one main attribute in my son- that he will be a good person. Above anything I will do my best to make sure that he is kind and loving and will be a positive influence on the world. Oliver Cole will be a good guy!
As the countdown to parenthood continues I'm getting excited, scared, nervous, and very happy. I can't wait for him to come out (ideally fly out (: ) so we can bond and he can be more to me than an abstract thought and a moving lump of belly. I can't wait to be helpless when I look into his eyes!
Come on Stork!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment